Through committed effort by students and teachers, along with consistent support of parents and the administration, Springfield Middle School will successfully assist students in reaching their full potential.
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A BULLDOG!
WELCOME BACK BULLDOGS!!!!
- We will be taking orders for SMS hoodies. Click here for more information!
- Check out our new Twitter feed using the tag @GD2BABulldog! Please be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with the happenings at SMS!
- Dress Code: There is a copy of the Livingston Parish Dress Code Policy on the parish website (www.lpsb.org). The following are some of the most commonly abused areas of the dress code. Please make sure and go over these with your child.
- EMBLEMS OF ANY KIND (EAGLES INCLUDED) ARE NOT ALLOWED ON PANTS OR SHIRTS.
- Shirts must meet uniform standards. NO EMBLEMS ALLOWED. Shirts must be tucked in. Undershirts must be white. This means that it must be long enough to tuck in and also meet the button and sleeve part of the policy.
- Belts must be worn. They must be a solid color and must be black, navy blue, khaki, or brown. NOT flowered, pink, striped, etc. Belts must be solid and may not have holes/cutout designs.
- Pants/shorts MUST BE WORN at the waistline. They must be hemmed and the length cannot be long enough to drag.
- Skirts must be knee length.
- Skort length must be from the top of the knee to four inches above the knee.
- Socks must be worn and must be visible. They must be solid white, navy blue, or khaki. No emblems are allowed.
- Shoes must be closed toed and closed heeled. CROCS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- THE ONLY PULLOVERS OF ANY KIND THAT DO NOT SNAP, BUTTON, OR ZIP FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ALLOWED ON CAMPUS ARE THE PULLOVERS SOLD IN THE OFFICE.
- You are now able to pay your child's school fees online. Log in to Online School Payments to all of your child's fees. Click on YOUR ACCOUNT, set up your account information, then select your school from the appropriate category on the left, and you are ready to pay online! To pay your child's fees online, visit the following website: http://osp.osmsinc.com/LivingstonLA/
- Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook/Twitter pages for important updates.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
IMPORTANT SMS DATES
2019/2020 LPPS School Calendar
August 9, 2019: First Semester Begins
October 23, 2019: Parent/Teacher Conference Day #1
December 20, 2019: Second Semester Ends
January 8, 2020: Second Semester Begins
May 22, 2012: Second Semester Ends
September 2, 2019: Labor Day
October 11, 2019: Livingston Parish Fair
Monday, November 25, 2019 - Friday, November 29, 2019: Convention and Thanksgiving
Monday, December 23, 2019 - Tuesday, January 7, 2020: Christmas and New Year's
Monday, January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King Day
Monday, February 24, 2020 - Tuesday, February 25, 2020: Mardi Gras
Friday, April 10, 2020 - Friday, April 17, 2020: Good Friday/ Easter
Progress Reports to be Issued
Thursday, September 12, 2019: Interim #1
Thursday, November 14, 2019: Interim #2
Friday, February 7, 2020: Interim #3
Thursday, April 9, 2020: Interim #4
Grading Period Ends
Thursday, October 10, 2019: 1st Quarter Ends
Friday, December 20, 2019: 2nd Quarter Ends
Friday, March 13, 2020: 3rd Quarter Ends
Friday, May 22, 2020: 4th Quarter Ends
Report Cards to be Issued
Friday, October 18, 2019: 1st Nine Weeks Report Card
Friday, January 10, 2020: 2nd Nine Weeks Report Card
Friday, March 20, 2020: 3rd Nine Weeks Report Card
Friday, May 29, 2020: 4th Nine Weeks Report Card
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A BULLDOG!
PO BOX 40
24145 COATES ROAD
SPRINGFIELD, LA 70462
No Excuses! No Limits!
Visitors are always welcome to our school. If there’s anything you’d like to know about our programs and curriculum, please get in touch.